Many of us know that public schools around the country are experiencing massive budget cuts, which limit students’ academic and extracurricular opportunities. These budget cuts also affect teachers, who often have to spend their own money on school supplies for their students.
However, 10% of schools’ annual budgets are spent on paper. Schools consume nearly 6 million pages of paper a year. Think about the opportunities that could be available to students with that money and paper. Managed print services can be of benefit to K-12 schools as they address many of the issues that schools are facing with regards to printing. Discussed below are 6 reasons that K-12 schools should invest in managed print services.
- Cost Savings. Schools tend to either order too many supplies or too few. Having too many supplies leads to increased overhead costs and storage concerns. Having too few, on the other hand, leads to decreased productivity from forced downtime. Having managed print services in place can solve this problem with automated ordering and shipping of supplies according to need.
- Data Access. Schools with managed print services can create usage reports to determine the exact costs of printing according to user, location, and department. Having this information readily available can help schools determine what policies they need to put into place with regards to printing.
- Easy Maintenance. Managed print services can help prevent equipment breakdown with regular maintenance. In the event of breakdown, managed print services allow for easy and affordable on-site repair so that teachers, administrators, and other staff can take care of other responsibilities.
- Environmental Friendliness. What better way to instill a responsibility to the environment in our youth than to implement environmentally friendly programs in schools? Managed print services are environmentally friendly because they can save paper and allow for the recycling of non-collected print jobs and the use of more energy-efficient devices. Schools can also choose to participate in programs that recycle old equipment and toner.
- Better Use of IT Resources. In schools, most IT calls are related to printer jams, toner requests, and network issues. With managed print services, IT can devote more time to more pressing issues that impact learning.
- Simpler Budgeting. Managed print services make printing costs easier to manage with fixed monthly costs and user-friendly billing. This makes it easier for school administrators to anticipate costs and plan accordingly.
Schools have an obligation to provide the best resources possible for their students. Using managed print services is one step schools can take to more efficiently utilize their money and resources. If your school is looking for managed print services in Florida, look no further than QualPath.
NWN. 6 Reasons Managed Print Services Are Essential for K-12 Schools: The educator’s guide to controlling print costs.