People often underestimate the importance of printing devices—including printers, scanners, and copy machines—to the success of businesses. Though they may seem trivial, these devices play a significant role in a business’s operations. For example, imagine if the office scanner wasn’t working and therefore you couldn’t send over an important signed document to one of your clients in time. This could end up being a crisis for the company. Printing devices are therefore essential to smooth-sailing business operations.
The optimization of these devices, therefore, can be seen as a useful business investment. Managed Print Services (MPS) programs manage all aspects of all of a company’s printing devices. Described below are ways that MPS services could benefit your company.
- Analyzing Your Printing Needs. A trained MPS expert will be able to determine the extent and the functions of your printing needs, and will thus be able to ensure that you have the proper equipment. He or she will also help ensure that you are obtaining this equipment at an affordable cost. Furthermore, an MPS expert can also help you make sure that you’re not investing in equipment that you’re not going to use.
- Reducing Local Printers. An MPS expert can assess your company’s need for local printers. If your company can do without them, it is best not to invest in them. Local printers only serve one user, making them inefficient for most business environments. They also require unique cartridges, which become expensive and can cause purchasing and inventory tracking challenges.
- Streamlining Printer Placement. Something as seemingly simple as where printers are located can have significant implications for business functioning. Some offices are designed such that employees have to walk to the other end of the building or go to a different floor to retrieve printed documents, ultimately taking away from their productivity. MPS experts can help ensure easy accessibility to printing devices, thereby improving employee efficiency.
- Automating Supply Delivery. By entering into an MPS program, your devices can be remotely monitored and supply shipment can be automated. This helps improve efficiency because employees are never stuck without printing devices. Instead, items can be replaced before they run out or stop working. With automated delivery, employees also don’t have to take time away from their work to order replacement supplies.
- Increasing Predictability. MPS programs allow you to consolidate your costs and your vendors, therefore giving you a consistent monthly investment. This eliminates surprises and unpredictable printing costs.
MPS programs can work wonders for your business’s efficiency and employee productivity. If your company would like to enter into an MPS program, contact QualPath today.
Willis, Terry. (2016). What Is Managed Print Services And Why Should I Be Interested? Macro.